Sunday 9 May 2021

Bangladesh: Dhaka Art Summit


I came across the Dhaka Art Summit quite by accident, as I was originally going to blog about Somapura Mahavihara, the ruins of a Buddhist shrine. The film I originally selected was in Bengali and I wanted to find something in English so that I could understand what the narrator was saying. Before I could find a suitable video, I stumbled upon the Dhaka Art Summit and was taken in by the images.

Since 2012, the Samdani Art Foundation has hosted this biennial gathering of artists and the general public to explore a wide range of contemporary art. This nine-day event is very accessible, with no VIP events or tickets. Right before the pandemic shut the world down in 2020, 500 artists showed their works and 40,000 people per day walked through the exhibits.

This nine-minute video offers striking eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burkina Faso: celebrating African filmmaking.

Since 1969, Burkina Faso has been home to the  Pan-African Film & TV Festival of Ouagadougou, or FESPACO for short. This biennial event ...