Sunday 2 May 2021

Bahrain: an action-packed 48 hours in Manama.


I watched a number of videos on Bahrain this afternoon. One vlogger went on an interesting tour of a souk (market) with tantalizing sweets and spices. I almost shared his video -- but then he spent the last three minutes on a commercial for a travel insurance company. It was a buzzkill. I then learned about the Bahrain Fort and a vlogger with an interesting video -- but felt very bad for him as he marinated in his perspiration.

And then, I discovered Leyla Kazim. In less than 10 minutes, Leyla depicts a 48-hour trip to Bahrain that showcases all of the highlights I saw in other videos. She went to the souk, took a cooking class, fed camels, went kayaking -- and more! She is an excellent travel companion and made me remember all of the nice extras of traveling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burkina Faso: celebrating African filmmaking.

Since 1969, Burkina Faso has been home to the  Pan-African Film & TV Festival of Ouagadougou, or FESPACO for short. This biennial event ...