Sunday 23 May 2021

Milford, CT: small city with a big heart.


This weekend, I visited my family in Connecticut after not seeing them since the pandemic started. The weather was absolutely beautiful as I watched my nephew in a ruby match, my niece in a softball game, and reconnected with Long Island Sound -- where I first fell in love with the water.

This video runs less than three minutes and gives a great snapshot of what makes my hometown so special -- the water, the history, the New England charm (and yes, Maine friends, the lobster roll WAS invented here). 

I relished my first in-person trip in 16 months -- but am now relegated to the sofa after a jam packed weekend.

P.S. The best part of the trip was catching up with my parents -- I just wish this article came out one week earlier, as it offers some great tips for catching up with parents post-pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burkina Faso: celebrating African filmmaking.

Since 1969, Burkina Faso has been home to the  Pan-African Film & TV Festival of Ouagadougou, or FESPACO for short. This biennial event ...